PoloWorks, is a multifaceted service company forming part of Marco Capital, a dynamic, modern provider of solutions to the insurance market serving the European and Lloyd’s insurance markets. A true specialist, PoloWorks combines proven industry expertise and experience with a modernising approach to create value and opportunities for its partners.
Reporting to Polo Head of Claims and being an integral part of the Marco Group Complex Claims function, this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing claims team at the early stages of its development and be part of building out a Centre of Excellence within Polo Works, as the business grows and expands. The purpose of this role is to manage and adjust various portfolios of claims across multiple lines of business across our Company and Lloyds platforms. This includes ensuring high value and contentious claims are managed in the most effective way from a technical and commercial perspective.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated (senior) complex claims adjuster who can adapt to a wide range of challenges and handle claims across a range of classes of business including Marine, Financial Lines, Construction, Reinsurance, Property and Casualty.
The role will include engagement with Brokers, co-insurers, Claims Service Providers (TPA’s, lawyers, adjusters, surveyors, engineers etc) Operations, Actuarial, IT and Finance functions as applicable.
- Manage incoming claims notifications to Insurance & Reinsurance policies written, using both Bureau and non-Bureau channels.
- Manage all aspects of claims handling including logging, reporting, insured & broker correspondence, engagement of external legal resources, reserving and resolution.
- Effectively collaborate with the Group Claims team, providing additional capacity as required (and subject to relevant operating guidelines).
- Liaise across entire Claims Function to ensure uniformity of claims handling and monitoring where appropriate.
- Attend conferences, meeting clients, brokers and co-insurers as required.
- Attend or lead market meetings where required, leading or influencing the market in claim strategy and case resolution.
- Ensure that all claims information is accurately recorded in the system of record, and service targets are achieved.
- Liaise with the outwards reinsurance recovery team, providing Claims related information to support the recovery process where required.
- Build and maintain a network of line of business expert contacts, monitor significant market losses, and report claims intelligence to the business.
- Participate in internal peer review and claims audits as required.
- Provide support as required in respect of current and future portfolio transfers into Marco platforms, including support for due diligence of potential target portfolios (both Lloyd’s and non-Lloyd’s), and supporting the transfer of the management of claims portfolios into Lloyds or Company platforms.
- Provide claims handling assistance and support to the wider insurance services business as and when required.
Experience and Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of insurance – Lloyds and Company, claims handling concepts, practices, procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to coverage issues, product lines, current market issues and trends and product competition within the marketplace.
- Experienced in multiple classes of business.
- Market leading knowledge of legal / regulatory and litigation/ procedural requirements in various jurisdictions.
- Experience in negotiation, mediation, arbitration and ADR skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Experience in conducting technical claims audits and effectively following up on findings including catastrophe management experience.
- Ability to manage claims and TPAs in various jurisdictions.
- Ability to discuss and present the complexity of claims in a succinct manner.
- Strong verbal, written communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to master new concepts quickly and take initiative with own personal development.
- Proven prioritization and time management skills with accurate results.
- Must be able to self-lead and work effectively both independently and with teams.
- The ability to effectively interact internal departments is essential.
- Willingness to mix tasks and work in a changing environment to achieve the efficient operation of the claims team.
- Strong policy language skills enabling accurate and consistent policy wording interpretation.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Legal qualification / experience – mindset of a litigator with ability to deploy dispute resolution mentality.
- ACII or equivalent designation (or working towards it).
- Significant experience in the insurance industry.
- University Degree (not essential).
Demonstrates behaviours aligned to the Polo Works PRIDE values:
- Pioneering – we don’t stand still
- Responsible – We do the right thing
- Inclusive – we all play a role
- Delivery Focused- we provide services we are proud of
- Empowering – we equip people to be their best